[asterisk-users] IOS Interface

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Mon Apr 6 13:24:36 CDT 2009

Jorge Mendoza wrote:
> Brent Davidson wrote:
>
>> Jorge Mendoza wrote:
>>

>>> Are there an IOS interface for Asterisk?, or an IOS to SIP converter?
>>> Some femtocells uses this protocol and I would to use them with Asterisk.
>>>
>>> Jorge Mendoza

>> You're comparing to apples to Orange.  IOS is the Cisco operating system
>> run by the Femtocells, not the protocol.  I'm not familiar with
>> Femtocells, but as far as I can tell (from reading wikipedia) they
>> apparently  can do SIP internally, but that is a more advance
>> configuration and might require some additional software.  Looks like
>> they are more designed to what is called "lub over IP" which appears to
>> be some sort of backhaul specification specific to Cellular / Wireless
>> carrier technology.
>>

> AFAIK, IOS interface for femtocell is a 3GPP2 specification. It is an
> application, no related to Cisco OS.
>
> Jorge Mendoza

Interesting.  I've never seen anything refer to IOS other than in the
context of the OS run by Cisco routers although with so many acronyms
around I suppose it's just a given that some of them should have more
than one meaning depending on the context.

Anyway, as I've already gone way past my level of understanding on the
subject I'll leave this thread to someone more qualified to weigh in.  :-P