[asterisk-users] meetme dahdi and zaptel

Dave Poirier dpoirier at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Apr 2 12:22:55 CDT 2009

We recently updated our Asterisk (1.4.24) box from Zaptel (1.4.12.1) to
Dahdi (2.1.0.4). Everything seemed to go smooth with the exception of
meetme. Meetme seems to not be able to find a zap channel for conferencing.
We use voice introductions in our conference bridge and it seems to break
that feature. The error from the console is....

# app_meetme.c:2593 find_conf: No Zap channel available for conference, user
introduction disabled

I've added...

dahdichanname=no

to /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

My thought was that would allow Asterisk to use Dahdi just as if it was ZAP.

asterisk*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol
CRC4
T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1                OK         0          0
0
T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2                RED        0          0          0

Span 2 is expected to be down as we don't have it connected to anything.

asterisk*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
      1            incoming_pstn              default
      2            incoming_pstn              default
      3            incoming_pstn              default
      4            incoming_pstn              default
      5            incoming_pstn              default
      6            incoming_pstn              default
      7            incoming_pstn              default
      8            incoming_pstn              default
      9            incoming_pstn              default
     10            incoming_pstn              default
     11            incoming_pstn              default
     12            incoming_pstn              default
     13            incoming_pstn              default
     14            incoming_pstn              default
     15            incoming_pstn              default
     16            incoming_pstn              default
     17            incoming_pstn              default
     18            incoming_pstn              default
     19            incoming_pstn              default
     20            incoming_pstn              default
     21            incoming_pstn              default
     22            incoming_pstn              default
     23            incoming_pstn              default

Should Zaptel be fully removed prior to Asterisk being compiled? It seems
that something with the meetme app is still linked somehow to Zaptel.

Has anyone else come across this? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave