[asterisk-users] fxotune and the bug

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Apr 2 11:39:03 CDT 2009

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Dear Mathew;
>
> Kindly find the link of the batch tha fixed the bug:
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7136
>
> It is written that last update was in 2008-06-07 11:36, so for that I do not know if my asterisk and zaptel versions include this fix or not? Because I installed them before this date.
>
> How can I know starting from which version this patch has been included?

That particular patch is old and out of date and does not have the
latest fixes that include the background noise and tone immunity code.

If your problem is that you simply don't want to update Zaptel though,
you can build use the fxotune utility from the latest version of Zaptel
and just don't run make install so you don't overwrite your existing Zaptel.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.