[asterisk-users] fxotune and the bug

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Apr 2 11:17:00 CDT 2009

bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I got to know (reading on the wiki) that fxotune was have a bug, and it has been fixed. But I do not know if my current asterisk version contain the fixed one or not? How can I know?
>
> My current asterisk version is 1.4.22

Current version of fxotune (in current 1.4 Zaptel and DAHDI) does not
have any outstanding bugs.

 From a quick glance over the wiki page, it looks like it has some
interesting information, but a lot of it is out of date.  My guess is
the bug you're referring to is the one that says it has problems with
dialtone detection or something of that nature.

The most current version of fxotune is pretty much immune to dialtone or
  other background noise due to the newer way it does signal measurement
(using frequency analysis instead of frequency agnostic power
calculation), so you shouldn't see any problems with this.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.