[asterisk-users] New User with Calling Card Question

Igor Hernandez emistz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 17:20:24 CDT 2008

Babcock, Michael Alex wrote:
> hi;
> I'm a new member to this list and have a question for you all. I'm
> sure it's something simple but alas i must ask. I've wanted to offer
> calling card features to my customers. For example someone buys a
> calling card from me for for say 1000 minutes, i give them a phone
> number/code to call in. However i would like the same number for all
> callers, just a new card number for different clients. I've looked on
> google and found a few different things but want to know what you all
> suggest. I want to get something up maybe in the next 3-5 days.
> Please email me any ideas. Oh and bandwidth isn't a major issue. It's
> on a dedicated box with a 100mbps connection to the internet. And
> finally i will be using completely sip. also, i currently have
> asterisk installed can i include this calling card in a context in
> extensions.conf for example:
> [callingcard]
> but how would i get my sip file to go to that context when someone new
> calls in?
> thanks, sorry for the newbeish questions
>

> thanks for reading
> Systems administrator and owner of http://gwhosting.net
> msn: messaging at audioficks.net
> twitter: http://twitter.com/creepyblindy

Hey,

You should look into a2billing, its easy to setup, free, and has a bunch
of decent features.

You can have all the customers call into the same number and just have
your extension in the dialplan run DeadAGI(a2billing) and it'll take
care of doing the auth/keeping track of how much balance is in the card,
etc. a2billing lets you do lcr, multiple ratecards, multiple trunks, etc.

Hope it helps,

--
Igor Hernandez
Escape Communications