[asterisk-users] New User with Calling Card Question

Babcock, Michael Alex mbabcock06 at wou.edu
Sat Sep 27 17:06:10 CDT 2008

hi;
I'm a new member to this list and have a question for you all. I'm
sure it's something simple but alas i must ask. I've wanted to offer
calling card features to my customers. For example someone buys a
calling card from me for for say 1000 minutes, i give them a phone
number/code to call in. However i would like the same number for all
callers, just a new card number for different clients. I've looked on
google and found a few different things but want to know what you all
suggest. I want to get something up maybe in the next 3-5 days.
Please email me any ideas. Oh and bandwidth isn't a major issue. It's
on a dedicated box with a 100mbps connection to the internet. And
finally i will be using completely sip. also, i currently have
asterisk installed can i include this calling card in a context in
extensions.conf for example:
[callingcard]
but how would i get my sip file to go to that context when someone new
calls in?
thanks, sorry for the newbeish questions

thanks for reading
Systems administrator and owner of http://gwhosting.net
msn: messaging at audioficks.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/creepyblindy