[asterisk-users] FW: Google Alert - "dean collins"

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Sep 27 14:32:37 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 15:11 -0400, Dean Collins wrote:
> Who is Chris Langford in Huntsville Alabama and is he seeking Digium’s
> permission in order to report the asterisk mailing lists out onto the
> internet

Digium's permission?  Does Digium own the copyright on what I write?  I
think not.  I do.  I don't recall assigning any copyright when I joined
the list.

On the other hand I think there is an implicit assignment to the public
domain when you contribute to a ML.

> http://asteriskbizrss.blogspot.com/

> What can be done to stop people doing this and making money out of
> selling ads on these crappy blogsites?

What ads?  I don't see any ads.

Now if you really want to complain about this particular subject you
could start with osdir.com:

http://osdir.com/ml/isdn.i4l.user/2005-09/msg00007.html

Although I'm really not sure what you are in a tizzy about.  It seems a
fair trade to get some ad revenue to support the cost of the archiving
which is a convenience to the people who don't want to go to the expense
of archiving everything they might be interested in ever reading
themselves.

I find it surprising that the US economy is on the brink of depression
with an unprecedented $700 billion (and that _billion_ with a B) bailout
of the credit economy and you are complaining about somebody possibly
recouping his expenses for what is arguably a public service.

~sigh~

b.