[asterisk-users] Split incoming call volume across queues on several asterisk servers

Haider Raza haider.raza at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 22:49:06 CDT 2008

I guess what I want to ask is...how do I setup a proxy? In a nutshell...how
are calls transfered or handed off to other asterisk servers leaving the
originating server free from all call handling once the transfer is done.
What dialplan command would do that? Do I setup a trunk and then Dial the
call to the trunk? Maybe write an agi script to connect to manager
interfaces on the different asterisk servers to see who has a spot free on
their queue and then transfer on a trunk.

I guess what I am not clear on is, are IAX trunks between asterisk servers
what I need to accomplish this (Using a proxy or daisy chained asterisk
servers)?

--
Dr. Haider Raza
BM 5203