[asterisk-users] sip forking needed for ekiga 3.0

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Sep 26 09:11:41 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 14:54 +0100, Grey Man wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah?  And if more than one matches?  Then what?
> >

> Use one of them!

And if the one I "choose" to use doesn't work because of some kind of
policy routing or filtering, etc.?

> And if the network set up is too complex that that still causes
> problems do what the Ekiga guy told you and set the IP address you
> want to use in the config file.

Uhm.  That's not an option.  There is no option to do that.  Should
there be?  Perhaps.

But hey, I'm just here to report the "failure" (i.e. to properly accept
multiple "legal" registrations through this so called SIP forking) that
the Ekiga guys are telling me about.

> I've read enough of the thread to know the Asterisk issue you are
> trying to describe is loop detection and not forking. Asterisk does
> support forking: Dial(SIP/user1&SIP/user2) is forking. Not being able
> to handle duplicate requests from different IPs is loop handling and
> you'll already find bugs open about that.

I will relay your description of "loop detection" back on to the Ekiga
guys.  I'm just the messenger here.

b.