[asterisk-users] sip forking needed for ekiga 3.0

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:54:42 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>> Check the local machines default
>> gateway, apply the subnet mask and then compare it against all the
>> local IP's.
>
> Yeah?  And if more than one matches?  Then what?

Use one of them!

And if the network set up is too complex that that still causes
problems do what the Ekiga guy told you and set the IP address you
want to use in the config file. It's not a difficult situation. I have
servers with 15 public IP addresses on them and manage to run SIP
services no problems.

I've read enough of the thread to know the Asterisk issue you are
trying to describe is loop detection and not forking. Asterisk does
support forking: Dial(SIP/user1&SIP/user2) is forking. Not being able
to handle duplicate requests from different IPs is loop handling and
you'll already find bugs open about that.

> Oh?

I like to make sure I've done my homework before ascending to sarcasm
especially when I'm the one that requested "Thots" in the first
place...

Greyman.