[asterisk-users] OT: Do You Know What the Problem With CDMA is?

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Thu Sep 25 11:21:41 CDT 2008

A lot of places you still can't get GSM in the US.....it has
improved...but GSM 3G coverage is lacking compared to EVDO/CDMA.

Another option is a World Phone that can do all bands.

My story;

Visiting American lands in Kuala Lumpur and checks phone for messages...

Puzzled look appears as it worked at Home, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean...

You start to explain about GSM and their eyes open wide as they realize
they need a unlocked GSM phone from a electronics shop and SIM chip from
some company named Digi sold in 7-Eleven and some scratch off cards for
refills using SMS.

In reality my roaming fees for Intl are too high, I'll get a pre-paid
in-country phone before I get phone bill for Intl roaming. My data
connection syncs email all day long.