[asterisk-users] NVFaxDetect (1.0.6), NVBackgroundDetect was: Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Sep 25 00:11:42 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:25:45PM -0600, Joseph wrote:

> My problme is that few lines in a source code needs to be modified
> before compiling it.  Changing the source code is a simple thing but
> now the ebuild needs to be modified as well to point to the source code;
> too many problems.

Asterisk 1.2 -> 1.4 is a change in the build system. Most of it (except
menuselect) is for the better). Adjusting your build scripts for that
(and a packaging system is essentially a glorified build script) only
takes some work.

I would appreciate it if you hadn't kept your patches for yourselves.
This would have also saved you some time on the next release (there are
already RCs of 1.6.0 for yor test-building pleassure).

BTW: maybe you need a newer version of nvfaxdetect? There has been one
released, IIRC. If not, there should be such a version on agx's modules
addons collection. Again, keeping your changes to yourself is bad.

Also recall that for 1.4 and above you must define AST_MODULE. If you
don't do so, you get very strange errors.

> I think maybe it is time to dump Asterisk-ebuild version and get it
> from source. It is less problems and simpler solution.

Until you need to figure out whatever is installed on your system, and
where this module comes from.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com