[asterisk-users] chan_misdn troubles

Thanos Koukoulis thanosk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 05:48:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>   I'm also still new to this. but perhaps:
>   Did you do make examples, or did you have an earlier asterisk
> installation,
> so the configuration files were present? If so did you make sure, that you
> mISDN card was properly configured, using:
> 1. misdn-init scan
> 2. misdn-init config
> 3. misdn-init start
>   Or probably reboot your machine to make sure the mISDN-kernel-site
> (misdn.org) are properly start and initialised. Make sure you have:
> 1. /dev/mISDN
> 2. all the modules loaded:
> lsmod
>   Then edit the misdn.conf in /etc/asterisk and make sure it is setup to
> your
> needs (ports, msns, jitter, etc.
>   I remember, that I had a lot of pain to get it working on my machine.
> Mostly
> due to kernel problems (linux 2.6.2x).
>   I hope this helps.
>   Kindest regards
>          Julien
>
> I have misdn running from chkconfig for my run level
/dev/mISDN exists
and I do see the ISDN modules loaded :
"mISDN_core             78720  6
ISDN_dsp,hfcmulti,mISDN_capi,l3udss1,mISDN_l2,mISDN_l1 "
Can you send me a sample of your misdn.conf file maybe that is the actual
problem because
I am pretty much at a loss at the moment

As for the kernel I use : 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5.centos.plus

thanks in advance