[asterisk-users] How to notify an event to every user

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Sep 21 19:09:56 CDT 2008

As said before, paging would work well.  A walk through of the
building would be helpful too.

Although rash, pull the fire alarm, making sure to remove the
connections to the fire department.  Killing the power shortly after
would certainly help providing you have lighted emergency exit signs.

You could leave a sign on the door when you lock it with a number to
call to get out, this could be done via Asterisk with right kind of
automagic door lock, otherwise, stick around and get ready to answer
calls.

There are many buildings with stairwells that open to the stairs but
will not open from the stairs, maybe if you give more details, a good
solution could be devised.

A few cans of tear gas can clear an area post haste ;-)

Curious, are you shutting down your company without giving notice?  I
feel that if an employee should give two weeks notice, so should the
employer.

If not, you could simply install a key card system for at least the
main door, or a motion sensor that activates a servo in the door
locking mechanism.  Either way, it should be fairly cheap.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro