[asterisk-users] PRI E1 Inbound calls hangup with busy after a few seconds

Daniel Johnson dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au
Sun Sep 21 18:40:09 CDT 2008

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:

>Daniel Johnson wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a 10 line PRI E1 ISDN service from AAPT. Connected to Asterisk
>>1.4 via a Digium TE121P.
>>
>>All oubound calls work fine.
>>
>>Inbound works only if I Dial a SIP phone directly or as the first step.
>>This phone MUST NOT be busy or else the call will fail.
>>

>It would appear that your zapata.conf is incorrect.  One of your
>problems (and maybe all of them) is that it looks like you used the
>spanmap and trunkgroup way to setup your PRI.  This is *ONLY* supposed
>to be used for NFAS PRIs (where you have multiple trunks per PRI).
>There is some tricky code in there which, when configuring using those
>parameters, causes it to send the channel ID in an NFAS friendly manner
>(which most non NFAS configured switches do not appreciate).
>
>Instead, comment out any trunkgroups or spanmaps you may have setup in
>zapata.conf, and do as follows:
>
>signalling=pri_ ; where pri_ is either pri_net or pri_cpe
>channel=1-23 ; or whatever your channels are associated with the PRI.
>
>Matthew Fredrickson
>Digium, Inc.

Hi Matthew,

Removing the trunkgroups and spanmaps has resolved this issue.

Thanks

*Daniel Johnson*
Systems Administrator / Systems Development
Scanning Systems Australia

*Office:* +61 7 3387 5555
*Facsimile:* +61 7 3387 5588
*E-mail:* dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au <mailto:dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au>