[asterisk-users] Digium training course

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Sep 18 11:26:53 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 21:42:20 Steve Totaro wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Pascal Bruno <tipascal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Anybody knows how to get a Coupon Code for the discount on the Asterisk
>>> training classes???  I am interested on taking that upcoming Asterisk
>>> Advance course, and 3K is kinda steep and considering I am still a
>>> college student paying this training out of my pocket, every bit helps.
>> Sorry to thread jack.
>>
>> For that matter, I think old timers like myself should automatically
>> get a dCAP.
>>
>> Six or seven years of Asterisk extensive experience should grandfather
>> the dCAP and maybe even the training.
>>
>> I am sure I have a few tricks up my sleeve that the instructors don't know.
>>
>> If memory serves me correctly, there was talk about this very issue
>> when the training and dCAP track came out.  I will google it later.
>
> Nobody, including Mark Spencer and myself, have gotten a free pass on the
> dCAP.  That said, I think you may be able to take the test for cheap.  I don't
> know the exact price, but in any bootcamp, they allow people to come down on
> the last day and take only the test, as I did, if they have the space and
> resources (specifically, for the practical portion).

I also used to think the old timers should get grandfathered dCAP cert.
  Then I looked at some of the stuff the dCAP certification tests for
and realized that almost nobody out there that learned Asterisk from the
docs and use it in a real world install would be able to pass the dCAP.

As Tilghman said you can take JUST the dCAP test for a reasonable fee
without having to take the classes.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near