[asterisk-users] Digium training course

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Sep 18 10:57:56 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 21:42:20 Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Pascal Bruno <tipascal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anybody knows how to get a Coupon Code for the discount on the Asterisk
> > training classes???  I am interested on taking that upcoming Asterisk
> > Advance course, and 3K is kinda steep and considering I am still a
> > college student paying this training out of my pocket, every bit helps.
>
> Sorry to thread jack.
>
> For that matter, I think old timers like myself should automatically
> get a dCAP.
>
> Six or seven years of Asterisk extensive experience should grandfather
> the dCAP and maybe even the training.
>
> I am sure I have a few tricks up my sleeve that the instructors don't know.
>
> If memory serves me correctly, there was talk about this very issue
> when the training and dCAP track came out.  I will google it later.

Nobody, including Mark Spencer and myself, have gotten a free pass on the
dCAP.  That said, I think you may be able to take the test for cheap.  I don't
know the exact price, but in any bootcamp, they allow people to come down on
the last day and take only the test, as I did, if they have the space and
resources (specifically, for the practical portion).

--
Tilghman