[asterisk-users] Pre-paid Billing

Igor Zamocky asterix at ponozky.sk
Thu Sep 18 09:00:36 CDT 2008

Isn't 'don't allow multiple calls' acceptable solution?
At least, it's the simplest one :)

I can imagine solution with multiple calls allowed, but it needs some external
synchronous processing. With every call you should start process, that will
decrement user's balance based on dialled destination, you have to update
balance every second. After balance=0 you just kill active call(s).

The fact, that there are multiple calls means nothing, just more processes
will decrement balance for the same user.

Btw, this will give You oportunity upgrade balance during call, so active call
can be longer than we originally thought - of course, you should not use S(x).

There will be probably a lot of other / more effective, easier, ... / ideas :)

Igor