[asterisk-users] Pre-paid Billing

Jim Boykin boykinjim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 06:42:37 CDT 2008

Hi Guys, we need an urgent help with Pre-paid Billing.

We are using Asterisk at work with our own prepaid billing system. We
calculate max number of minutes user is allowed to talk based on his
balance and destination. We then used Dial command with S(x) parameter
to create a call.

However, this is a problem when user makes multiple calls
simulatenously. What is the best way to handle it. Any suggestions.

Please do not answer suggestion some billing packages as we have our
own billing system which we need to enhance. Technical answer on howto
do with bare asterisk or algorithm would help.

Jim