[asterisk-users] how to force Asterisk 1.4 to use soxmix

Jorge Nunes Jorge.Nunes at pdmfc.com
Wed Sep 17 12:13:11 CDT 2008

You can use the variable MONITOR_EXEC in your extensions.conf to specify
the shell command to be invoked by the Monitor application to mix the
voice files.

The shell command will be invoked with three command lines arguments
appended: the file recording for the in leg (created by Asterisk); the
file recording with the out leg (created by Asterisk); the path of the
file where the mix result is supposed to be dumped to (i.e. the soxmix
(or equivalent) outfile).

Some examples in http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Monitor+stereo-example

Jorge Nunes

Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> the soxmix (or sox in Asterisk 1.4 as default choice) is used by
> Asterisk to record queues calls when you ask it to mix the in and out
> calls, so I do not have control on it. Asterisk 1.2.x uses soxmix while
> Asterisk 1.4.x uses sox instead but the command sox launched by Asterisk
> 1.4.x does not work on my Debian because the sox command version is
> 12.17.9, old but it is the most recent package available for Etch).
> The res_monitor.c code shows it is possible to specify which to use...
> soxmix or sox but I do not know how...I could use a "#define HAVE_SOXMIX
> 1" before "#ifdef HAVE_SOXMIX" but I do not think is the right choice.
>
> Giorgio.
>

> Julien Claassen wrote:
>> Hi!
>>    for which feature? I'm relatively new, but I guess, if it is dependent on
>> some dialplan related stuff, you coudl always use a:
>> System(soxmix Options)
>>    in the appropriate place. From what I've experienced upto now, you can setup
>> a lot, which doesn't seem obvious.
>>    Kindest regards
>>           Julien
>>
>> --------
>> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>>
>> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
>> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
>> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
>> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
>> http://www.juliencoder.de

PDM&FC - Email: jorge.nunes at pdmfc.com; Web: http://www.pdmfc.com
Phone: +351-213.572.029; Fax: +351-213.572.031
Address: Avenida Conde Valbom 30, 3 - 1050-068 Lisboa - Portugal