[asterisk-users] how to force Asterisk 1.4 to use soxmix

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Wed Sep 17 03:26:33 CDT 2008

Hi Julien,

the soxmix (or sox in Asterisk 1.4 as default choice) is used by
Asterisk to record queues calls when you ask it to mix the in and out
calls, so I do not have control on it. Asterisk 1.2.x uses soxmix while
Asterisk 1.4.x uses sox instead but the command sox launched by Asterisk
1.4.x does not work on my Debian because the sox command version is
12.17.9, old but it is the most recent package available for Etch).
The res_monitor.c code shows it is possible to specify which to use...
soxmix or sox but I do not know how...I could use a "#define HAVE_SOXMIX
1" before "#ifdef HAVE_SOXMIX" but I do not think is the right choice.

Giorgio.