[asterisk-users] UK call initiating party hangup control on analoghome lines

Roberts Klotins roberts at latnet.lv
Tue Sep 16 16:06:55 CDT 2008

Hi Gordon,

The test would be call your home BT line, hang up the home end and THEN
wait for how long time the line will stay open listening to the handset
that initiated the call.

If it is the caller (call initiator) who hangs up, line is released very
quickly.

But perhaps thats what you are doing, since you say that the line is
cleared inside 10 minutes (I have never waited that long). If I call
from T-mobile - line is cleared in 30 sec, if I call from Vodafone - it
stays open over 2 minutes; then I hang up Vodafone. If the call is made
from a landline - I also have waited over 2 minutes but not 10.

I am not sure what the difference is when you order the line and tell
about PABX, however it seems to me that if I now asked to set up my
existing line for PABX, they might say that this is not a business line,
therefore they can't help, mightn't they?

Robert