[asterisk-users] UK call initiating party hangup control on analoghome lines

Roberts Klotins roberts at latnet.lv
Tue Sep 16 14:12:22 CDT 2008

Thanks Don,

I have looked at that page and the described problem (when asterisk does
not detect remote (calling) party hangup) is exactly the opposite to my
case. In my case I learnt that for BT residential analog lines the
remote caller is entitled to hold the line open indefinitely, regardless
whether I hang up or not. So this seems to be a feature of BT rather
than a problem with asterisk.

I do not know whether there are many countries where telco setup is
similar.

But looking at the page again I discovered a pointer to this very
interesting document: Voice Network Signalling and Control
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a6210.shtml

So cheers,

Robert