[asterisk-users] cdr_adaptive_odbc writing CDR before h extension is processed

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Mon Sep 15 14:06:51 CDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 7:02 AM, Steve Murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 17:27 -0700, Eric Chamberlain wrote:
>> We are using Asterisk 1.6rc6 and are trying to set some values before
>> the cdr is inserted into the database, but the cdr is inserted before
>> the h extension is processed.
>>
>> What are we doing wrong?  How can we get these extra values in the
>> CDR?
>>

>> In cdr.conf we have:
>>
>> endbeforehexten=no
>>

> Sorry, Eric--
>
> It's all my fault.
>
> I've been working on CDR bugs for the last year or two, on and off.
> And one fix in one place usually knocks something else out of
> commission
> in another place. I've spent the last week working on various CDR
> issues,
> tho, and one of them was Mantis bug 13251,
> (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13251) "endbeforehexten=yes is
> useless now"
> I've had branches open for a week or two now, and committed the fix
> late
> last
> week, to 1.4, trunk, 1.6.0, and 1.6.1.
>
> So, feel free to update your release svn and give it a spin. Let me
> know
> about
> any problems with the h extension.
>
> My CDR concerns at the moment:
>
> A. I have one bug posted on a devilishly tricky crash due to my
> changes,
> involving a transfer situation, that I'm working on at the moment
> (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13467); I hope to have it fixed
> ASAP, if I can reproduce it.
>
> B. Single-channel CDRs (see http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12946)
> The criteria for filtering out which to ignore, and which to post
> isn't quite perfect. I need to study this out and get it working
> right.

No worries, the CDR code appears to be rather complex and everyone has
their own implementation requirements.

With our use case, we've decided to use the CDR for archival purposes
and rather than mess with database triggers or polling, use CURL to
post specific details into a web service that keeps the data
normalized in the way we need.

A work-around until some sort of cdr_html_post comes along.

--
Eric Chamberlain
Founder