[asterisk-users] Append String to CIDNAME

Sip Support astguru at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 20:39:31 CDT 2008

Hello I've been trying to add a string to CIDNAME for incoming calls from
PSTN to "tag" calls so I know how to answer more appropriately. I have tried
numerous combinations to no avail and hope someone can point me in the right
direction. My context from extensions.conf is listed below.

[xxx-xxx-xxxx_incoming]
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERIDNAME} AppropriateTag)
exten => s,n,Dial(${SIPPHONE},20,r)
exten => s,n,Voicemail(${VMBOX1},u)
exten => s,102,Voicemail(${VMBOX1},b)

All calls however just come in marked as "Appropriate Tag" xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thanks in advance for the help.