[asterisk-users] Which internet phone protocol best to choose

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 12 18:59:06 CDT 2008

Julien Claassen schrieb:
>    IAX I can basically understand, although I wasn't aware in the slightest,
> that other standard softphones supported it.

They don't. Well - it depends, what you see as standard. There are very
good multi-platform combined SIP/IAX clients like Zoiper. But Zoiper is
not as popular as X-Lite because it wasn't adopted by lots of providers yet.

>    In short: I am up for the longer answer. :-)

My short answer contained links to pretty long explanations and a list
of clients.

Terve,
Stefan

--