[asterisk-users] Which internet phone protocol best to choose

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Sep 12 18:42:12 CDT 2008

Hello!
   IAX I can basically understand, although I wasn't aware in the slightest,
that other standard softphones supported it.
   But why SIP? Correct me if I'm wrong. there's a standard SIP-port. Then you
send out the request to talk, then server and client negotiate a port for the
audio stream to use. That precisely is, what is bothersome, if you have a
difficult firewall.
   In short: I am up for the longer answer. :-)
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net