[asterisk-users] distinguish trunk from same host

Nhadie nhadie at tbgi.net.ph
Thu Sep 11 20:56:49 CDT 2008

hi sir,

thank you for your reply, i actually had the setup that way, but then
came a problem of limiting a number of calls for each customer.

i tried using setgroup to count number of calls, but my asterisk is on a
cluster, so counting of number of groups in asteriskA is different from
counting of groups on asteriskB or AsteriskC,

e.g. i set limit on company1 to 1 call

Company1 user1 registered on asteriskB made a call to pstn, i set the
group company1out and count it. but then Company1 user2 registered on
asteriskC made a call out even though company1 is limited to 1 call,
this will go thru, because the group companyout1 is not yet set on
asteriskC. this also affects inbound, e,g if a call is sent to company1
via asteriskA, it will still accept it, now that's 3 simultaneous calls
even if the limit is set to 1.

btw, the asterisk cluster is talking to a realtime database on mysql
cluster.

one last thought on my mind is to send/receive all pstn calls to another
asterisk before the pstn gateway and limit the calls there. but will not
let the rtp pass thru that asterisk only signaling. do you think this
solution will work?

thanks again.

regards,
nhadie