[asterisk-users] Probably very simple... call a number and play a sound?

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Sep 11 16:18:38 CDT 2008

At 2:29 PM on 11 Sep 2008, Mike Johnson wrote:

> Hey hey...
>
> I'd like to create a new feature code in asterisk so when a user
> dials... say... *00, it would then call some other extensions and
> play a sound file to them.
>
> So far, this is what I have...
>
> [testing-custom]
> exten => *00,1,Wait(1)
> exten => *00,2,Playback(beep)
> exten => *00,3,Playback(beep)
> exten => *00,4,AGI(festival-script.pl|I will now attempt the call)
> exten => *00,6,Set(CALLERID(all)=Notify <9000>)
> exten => *00,7,NoOp()
> exten => *00,8,Dial(SIP/302,15})
> exten => *00,9,Wait(2)
> exten => *00,10,Playback(demo-congrats)
> exten => *00,15,Answer()
> exten => *00,20,Hangup()
>
> I must be missing something glaringly obvious as this doesn't sound
> like a tough thing to accomplish. For some reason however, I cannot
> figure it out...
>
> Can anyone offer some ideas or assistance?

Your dialplan is missing priority 5.  The prioritites MUST be
sequential, incrementing by 1, with no gaps.  So the Set(CALLERID...
line should be *00,5, and the rest will have to be adjusted accordingly.

Consider using the 'n' priority instead:

[testing-custom]
exten => *00,1,Wait(1)
exten => *00,n,Playback(beep)
exten => *00,n,Playback(beep)
exten => *00,n,AGI(festival-script.pl|I will now attempt the call)
exten => *00,n,Set(CALLERID(all)=Notify <9000>)
exten => *00,n,NoOp()
exten => *00,n,Dial(SIP/302,15})
exten => *00,n,Wait(2)
exten => *00,n,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => *00,n,Answer()
exten => *00,n,Hangup()

TTYL...

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company

Debian Hint #8: If you have problems with Debian that you can't solve by
reading the manuals and documentation, try asking on the Debian Users
mailing list (debian-user at lists.debian.org).