[asterisk-users] Probably very simple... call a number and play a sound?

Mike Johnson mikeymcj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:29:07 CDT 2008

Hey hey...

I'd like to create a new feature code in asterisk so when a user dials...
say... *00, it would then call some other extensions and play a sound file
to them.

So far, this is what I have...

[testing-custom]
exten => *00,1,Wait(1)
exten => *00,2,Playback(beep)
exten => *00,3,Playback(beep)
exten => *00,4,AGI(festival-script.pl|I will now attempt the call)
exten => *00,6,Set(CALLERID(all)=Notify <9000>)
exten => *00,7,NoOp()
exten => *00,8,Dial(SIP/302,15})
exten => *00,9,Wait(2)
exten => *00,10,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => *00,15,Answer()
exten => *00,20,Hangup()

I must be missing something glaringly obvious as this doesn't sound like a
tough thing to accomplish. For some reason however, I cannot figure it
out...

Can anyone offer some ideas or assistance?

Mikey