[asterisk-users] Video on Hold?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Sep 11 09:45:57 CDT 2008

k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:
>   Is the idea to switch to another video source or stay with the callers
> camera?  An option for both would be nice.  I could see a help desk
> placing a caller in que and a 1-2 min video coming on showing some
> simple video of "how to hook it up".

What I had in mind was to play a video stream that went along with the
on hold audio.  I was going to make it so if a video file was found with
the same name as the audio file being played, it would play it.

If I understand you correctly, you're also suggesting echoing back the
caller's video.  I'm not sure why that's useful, and it's also more
difficult to implement with the current code.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer