[asterisk-users] Video on Hold?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Sep 8 20:29:40 CDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> Does/Will asterisk support video streaming on hold?
>>
>> Been playing with videphones as of late, and a client asked about
>> video on
>> hold - standard MoH works fine - but on the target video phone the
>> image
>> just freezes - any way to inject a video?
>

> This is not something that is supported right now.  However, it would
> be relatively straight forward to add for a developer interested in
> adding it.

I just went and wrote a first draft in http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/russell/video_on_hold/
.  I haven't tested it, yet, though.  However, as soon as I can get
this tested and any issues fixed, it will be merged into Asterisk 1.6.

This would be a fun project to finish up in the code zone at
Astricon.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer