[asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question

Jeremy Mann jmann at txhmg.com
Mon Sep 8 11:23:08 CDT 2008

context from-pri {
        _8505 => {
                Wait(1);
                Answer();
                SetTransferCapability(3K1AUDIO);
                Set(GROUP(ZAP)=incoming);
                Set(CDR(accountcode)=fax);
                Set(CDR(userfield)=bedford);
                Dial(Zap/25/${EXTEN});
                Hangup();

The above AEL logic is my DID for faxing.  The card wasn't detecting the 3K1AUDIO (digium TE205P rev 02) so I set it manually.  Zap/25 is on the 2nd port of the T1 connected to a channel bank.

It also appears to make it disable EC no matter what channel of the PRI the fax comes in on.

Maybe it does nothing, but it immediately fixed faxing whereas before we were having intermittent issues.

I also have that set on in-outbound modem calls from specific channels on the channel bank, they are getting as close to 56k as I've ever seen.

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Texas Health Management Group immediately at 1-817-310-4999. Texas Health Management Group, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.