[asterisk-users] mISDN or BRIstuff ...

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 8 06:45:19 CDT 2008

Gordon Henderson schrieb:

> So comments, ponderings or anecdotes, etc. ... ?

Bristuff worked perfectly fine for me for about 5 years.
HOWEVER, you should keep in mind, that bristuff are very extensive
patches against the zaptel dirvers and also against the core. So
regarding updates you are totally depending on Junghanns. That means
especially that there can be noticeable delay after an update of
asterisk until the bristuff update is available. This *can* be bad if
the update is a security update.

Technically, I had very little problems. Even using a HFC-S card as
internal ISDN bus worked like a charm.

I just went to full IP because SIP trunks are cheaper in Finland than
ISDN connections.

Terve,
Stefan

--