[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

Matt Gibson mattgibson.ca at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:13:01 CDT 2008

>> It seems to me the dahdi driver works. For some reason, however,
chan_dahdi doesn't see the channels the driver set up.

>> Anybody else using TDM400P with dahdi and rc4?

Hi Sean,

Not sure if it matters, but we're using 2.0R3, noticed you're on 2.0R2

Unfortunately, I don't have an actual analogue phone here to test with, but
everything LOOKS okay on our system, here's the relevant info:

root at pbx:~# dahdi_cfg -vv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.0.0-rc2

DAHDI Version: 2.0.0-rc3
Echo Canceller(s): MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 2 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 3 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 4 to mg2

root at pbx:~# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)

           1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS  (EC: MG2)
           2 WCTDM/4/1 FXOKS  (EC: MG2)
           3 WCTDM/4/2 FXOKS  (EC: MG2)
           4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS RED (EC: MG2)

Connected to Asterisk 1.6.0-rc4 currently running on pbx (pid = 5275)
pbx*CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4   Fra
Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5         OK      0      0      0      CAS
Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

pbx*CLI> dahdi show version
DAHDI Version: 2.0.0-rc3 Echo Canceller: MG2

We are also on TDM400P, and we see the following with "dhadi show channels"

*CLI> dahdi show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret        Blocked
State

As I said we have no analogue connectivity to test with, so it could be
working, or could not be for us :/ I'll see if I can dig up a phone to test
with.

Thanks,
Matt G

: http://www.voipphreak.ca