[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:16:44 CDT 2008

Matt Gibson wrote:
> I noticed one thing,

> Tzafrir mentioned it earlier, but it may have gotten lost on the thread. I
> was having problems with Dahdi until I added echocancel to our system.conf,
> could this be your problem?
>
> As soon as we added the echocanceller we were good to go.
>

> echocanceller=mg2,1-4
>

> Thanks,
> Matt G

I've also tried it with echocancel on:

system.conf:

fxoks=1,2  # internal phones
fxsks=4  # pstn

loadzone	= us
defaultzone	= us

echocanceller=mg2,1,2,4

which seemed to take:

dahdi_cfg -vvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.0.0-rc2

DAHDI Version: SVN-trunk-r4865
Echo Canceller(s): MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

3 channels to configure.

Changing signalling on channel 1 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Changing signalling on channel 2 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
Setting echocan for channel 2 to mg2
Changing signalling on channel 4 from Unused to FXS Kewlstart
Setting echocan for channel 4 to mg2

[root at asterisk trunk]# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5" (MASTER)

	   1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS  (EC: MG2)
	   2 WCTDM/4/1 FXOKS  (EC: MG2)
	   3 WCTDM/4/2
	   4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS  (EC: MG2)

But had the same result. asterisk doesn't see any channels, no dialtone,
etc.

It seems to me the dahdi driver works. For some reason, however,
chan_dahdi doesn't see the channels the driver set up.

Anybody else using TDM400P with dahdi and rc4?

sean