[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Sep 5 09:16:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 09:47:48AM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 10:58:44PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> >> As best i could figure it out, I've installed dahdi and rc4.
> >>
> >> My TDM400P doesn't answer fxo or fxs.
> >>
> >> /etc/dahdi/system.conf:
> >> loadzone   = us
> >> defaultzone=us
> >> fxoks=1,2
> >> fxsks=4
> >
> > echocancel?
> >

> I thought that if you had hardware echocancel ( TDM400P does, doesn't
> it? ),

TDM400P doesn't. Do you mean TDM410P?

> setting the software echocanceller was irrelevant. In any event,
> isn't mg2 the deefault?

No. You may have that impression from the configuration generated by
dahdi_genconf that adds it as a default (that is: generates an explicit
echocancel line for each channel) due to this limitation. That may
change in the future if system.conf will grow up its own default echo
canceller.

>   I'll take the system down and change this, and dahdichan to 1,2 later
> today, though again that wouldn't explain the lack of call pickup on the
> _external_ line. show daahdi channels shows _no_ channels.  ( sigh)

And this still does not explain why you have not posted the output of:

 cat /proc/dahdi/*

;-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen