[asterisk-users] Polycom BLF - multiple buddies

James Sneeringer jsneerin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:42:50 CDT 2008

Sorry, needed to add one more note. To clarify, my agent phones have a
speed dial assigned for their login, and another to pause/unpause. I
could then use DEVSTATE to enable or disable the light next to their
speed dial button based on their status. I can't use it to update
anything on the LCD screen.

Today I do it completely differently. I use the idle window
minibrowser, and each agent phone has its own page it loads. I wrote a
perl script that connects to the AMI to watch the status of our
agents, and for any status change, it updates this page to reflect
their status. Since Polycom doesn't let you push data out to the
phones, they have to poll on a regular interval. I think ours are set
to every 5 seconds. It's a hack and it's ugly, but it works.

-James