[asterisk-users] G722 and Asterisk 1.6

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 12:57:14 CDT 2008

Steve Repo wrote:

> I agree! I bought a GXP1200 ("business" class phone) and it's buggy.
> Can't use the message button (404 not found).. and some other features
> (404 not found). I have requested help from Grandstream and so far
> nothing.

I've never heard of that problem, ar eyou sure the 404 response isn't
coming from asterisk? (It works on all the GXP-2000's I have).

The Lines all work, the BLF keys mostly work (It's better than not
having any), The Transfer, Conference, Message (can have a separate
mailbox setup for each line) etc. buttons all work.

It's a shame they don't have a more standard headset port (like the
Polycom). I havemn't experienced any problems with crashes or sound
quality. (Although as I stated before, the G.722 codec isn't discernably
clearer than the G.711 ones).

> I don't really think they test important features supported by their
> phones just the basic ones (dial out/dial in) and that about it :)

Apparently there are problems with some hardware versions, (I have 3
different versions that have been okay) and most versions of the firmware.

I'm on 1.1.6.16 and it's been fine. Don't see why it is worth spending
almost twice the money to get a handset without features that (in the
case of BLF) are needed.