[asterisk-users] G722 and Asterisk 1.6

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Wed Sep 3 15:28:29 CDT 2008

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:19:40 +0100, Thomas Kenyon wrote:

>I can't speak for the GXP1200, but with the GXP2000s I have, you cannot
>tell the difference between G.711 and G.722.
>
>The only Polycom I have is an IP501 (that I bought to test, found to be
>solid, reliable, feature barren and awkward). Sadly this is very limited
>wrt its codec support. (supports even fewer than cheap chinese handsets).

Hardware phones usually support fewer codecs than soft phones, almost
all support at least G.711u/a and G.729 families.

The nice thing about the IP550/650 is that they give you visual
confirmation that they have negotiated a G.722 connection. The show a
little "HD" animation on the soft button label corresponding to that
line.

Michael

--
Michael Graves