[asterisk-users] PRI Splitter

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Mon Sep 1 18:28:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:22:45 +0200, "Christian Victor" said:
> that when both servers power fail you have a problem no matter if the
> failover switch ist still working or not.

You've got that right my friend! :-)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:22:45 +0200, "Christian Victor" said:
> http://store.variantdistribution.com/category-s/49.htmVariant - one of
> Rhinos distributors and the only source I was able to find
> - quotes the card for US$ 700.

Strange.  I've seen this happen before where retailers will list
outrageously high prices for soon-to-be-released products.   For example
the SNOM KlarVoice handset.  MSRP is $32, but I've seen it advertised
for $200!

http://www.8774e4voip.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=klarvoice

I can say with confidence that the LIST price is US $350.  The street
price will be considerably lower.  Frankly, if I were Snom or Rhino I'd
be pretty cheezed off about this phenomenon.  After hearing the 'buzz'
about a new product such as this, I'd hate for customers to *decide*
against it mistkenly believing this incorrect price.  I'd turn my nose
at either of these two products for the incorrect prices I've seen
advertised.

We're pretty stoked to have stumbled onto this product because it's
brand new, and we've been looking for something like it for some time.

-Karl