[asterisk-users] PRI Splitter

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Mon Sep 1 17:22:45 CDT 2008

2008/9/1 Karl Fife <asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org>

> > It is powered over USB from the main (internal USB) and backup (external
> > USB) server. If one of the power fails it will switch to the other
> > server.
> > If both servers power fail you have a problem anyway. ;-)
>
> This is incorrect.  According to Jim Rhodes at Rhino, there is no NEED
> for 'backup' power from another server via USB:

Did I write you NEED a second power supply? I was just refering to the fact
that when both servers power fail you have a problem no matter if the
failover switch ist still working or not.

> > > Do you have an idea of its price ?
> >
> > Approx. US$ 700
> >

> This is incorrect.  Again, according to Jim Rhodes, the FULL
> nobody-ever-actually-pays-this-much LIST price is US $350.  In my
> estimation, the street price will be between US $220 and $299 depending

on your reseller's markup.  I don't know if Rhino has M.A.P. rules.

I hope you are right. Maybe this guy should share his information with the
world. According to
http://store.variantdistribution.com/category-s/49.htmVariant - one of
Rhinos distributors and the only source I was able to find
- quotes the card for US$ 700.

Christian