[asterisk-users] Asterisk with SC440 Dell(Big Problem)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Oct 31 04:39:43 CDT 2008

Hi

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 03:35:23AM +0000, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> I have a Dell SC440 with Centos and Asterisk 1.4.21 and a card openvox
> D110PG, T1, when a person calling from the PTSN will listen to them
> but then begins to distort the voice I heard that name.

This symptom is not clear to me at all. Calls from PSTN to where,
exactly? What devices? Directly to Asterisk (voicemail, echo test)? To
a SIP device? What about calls that don't go through the card?

What do you see on zttest -v  ?

What version of zaptel do you use?

> I probe the card in another computer and it works perfectly. Anyone
> has any idea  or help.
> Install Debian on this server and the same thing happened to me.

Both Centos and Debian Etch have a kernel based on 2.6.18 . OTOH, latest
versions of Etch also include kernels based on 2.6.24 (the etchanahalf
kernel, if I spell that correctly). Maybe also try that?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com