[asterisk-users] R key with Siemens Gigaset IP (was MWI with Siemens Gigaset S450IP)

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:57:40 CDT 2008

2008/10/30 Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com>

> Olivier wrote:
> <snip />
> > Alan,
> >
> > Did you get any success with MWI ?
> > With mine, Asterisk is getting 481 replies whenever Asterisk sends
> > NOTIFY updates.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> I don't think so no.
>
> The lamp blinks when I've missed a call but I don't think it correctly
> identifies if there are messages in the * vmailbox.

Normally, you should read the unread message count.

> To be honest it hasn't troubled me that much as when a message is left
> on the * server I get an email notification too so it's not like I miss
> much :-).

Of course ...

> But it would be good to try and fix this.
>
> I get a pair of error messages like this frequently (about 1/minute I
> guess) from the * server:
>
> [Oct 30 08:42:05] WARNING[14051]: chan_sip.c:12543 handle_response:
> Remote host can't match request NOTIFY to call
> '64a696ec108019ea11132374435afb91 at 10.0.0.2'. Giving up.
> [Oct 30 08:42:15] WARNING[14051]: chan_sip.c:12543 handle_response:
> Remote host can't match request NOTIFY to call
> '3fcc7b675f15b9651f00966f0ca70190 at 10.0.0.2'. Giving up.
>

> which I believe might have something to do with it?

I think I've got the same messages.
In another thread (see
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-October/219511.html),
I observed that :
- first message notification (just after base station boots and registers)
works ok
- further notifications fails (481 replies)

The only difference I can see between both is that the successful one has a
Subscription-State: active field.

I didn't dig enough to know if refusing NOTIFY without Subscription-State is
legitimate nor if "forging" a NOTIFY with this Subscription-State would make
Gigaset accept new notifications.