[asterisk-users] [OT] Flash player for call recordings - 8khz

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Oct 29 12:03:48 CDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to find simple MP3 player in flash, to integrate it with
call recordings.

My requirements would be:
* simple UI
* buffering (would be nice)
* slider
* volume control
* support of 8kHz stereo mp3
* javascript access to seek/position
* free for any use (GPL, MPL, MIT, BSD)

So far I've found that JWplayer[1] does great with my recordings.
However it's not small in size, as there's video player and playlists
- none of which i need. Also it should be paid, even if i use it
internally in company, which i don't like.

Also I found niftyPlayer[2], which would be perfect, however it
creates "chipmunk" sound out of 8kHz recordings, so i wonder what's
the difference.

Could anybody share their experience with call recordings?

What i have found to be useful:

* Record everything in G.711 (as it's native codec, thus less
transcoding and more quality)
* Do a nightly (or per request) conversion to stereo MP3's preserving
8kHz. "sox -M" is great for this. Resulting files have smaller size
than in GSM or WAV format, so you can keep more recordings.