[asterisk-users] Complete OS/Asterisk disk

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Wed Oct 29 08:50:05 CDT 2008

What options are available for installing an asterisk system onto a
bare-metal system ?

Ones that I have seen:

pbx-in-a-flash
trixbox
astlinux

What I am trying to achieve is to be able to shove a cd / usb into a
machine and have it install asterisk, complete with my .conf files.

I also need Cepstral installing.

Ideally, I would like to be able to mount an .iso file, chroot into it,
and update / compile / build whatever I need before burning the iso
file. This would allow me (for example) to update the asterisk 1.4
source as and when i desire.

Does anyone know of anything that comes close to this ? I have tried
astlinux, but cannot seem to get curl and jabber working properly, and
haven't even tried to get Cepstral working :)

Alternatively, is there any software that can turn an existing system
into a package / .iso that can then be installed on another machine ?

Thanks

Julian