[asterisk-users] Dropped Calls / Maximum Retries Exceeded / No Reply to Our Critical Packet

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Oct 28 16:20:08 CDT 2008

Lincoln King-Cliby <lincoln at controlworks.com> writes:

> Periodically I'm seeing calls placed from the 7961s through anything
> on the PBX that requires digit entry (the Auto Attendant, Voicemail,
> etc.) 'randomly' drop; extension-to-extension calls
> extension-to-PSTN, and PSTN-to-extension calls never have any issues
> whatsoever. Nor have I been able to duplicate the issues hopping
> around auto attendants on an inbound PSTN call.

I am not sure this is relevant in the 1.4.x versions, but here goes
anyway:

In Asterisk 1.2.x it could sometimes happen that Asterisk believed the
path to a server was so good, that it would only allow 1 ms for
answers to be received. It would do all its retransmissions in less
than 200ms, and then it would complain about no reply to critical
packet.

Anyway, you can adjust the minimum timer with the configuration option
t1min in sip.conf. I would recommend setting it to at least 100 (it is
in ms) and perhaps 500 would help for you.

It is also highly possible that your issue is completely different.

/Benny