[asterisk-users] R key with Siemens Gigaset IP (was MWI with Siemens Gigaset S450IP)

Robert Boardman robb at boardman.me.uk
Tue Oct 28 15:32:59 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:

> 2008/10/5 robert.boardman at gmail.com <mailto:robert.boardman at gmail.com>
> <robert.boardman at gmail.com <mailto:robert.boardman at gmail.com>>
>
>     Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>     > Olivier wrote:
>     >
>     >> 2. R Hook-flash key is now available to transfer calls.
>     >> In s450IP web management server, its defaults settings are :
>     >> Application-type: dtmf-relay
>     >> Application-signal: 16
>     >>
>     >> Is there anything to configure in features.conf, extensionsconf or
>     >> elsewhere to trigger transfers when R key is pressed ?
>     >>
>     >
>     > I don't believe there is any support for hook-flash style
>     transfers over
>     > SIP in Asterisk; that key should be programmed to use standard SIP
>     > transfer methods, not DTMF emulation methods.
>     >
>     >
>     do you have a suggestion, there is only two fields that can be
>     filled in
>     that to refer to the R key,
>
>     Application-type:  I think this is content type
>     Application-signal: what it sends?
>

> Hello,
>
> Reading this thread, I think I should have opened in the first place,
> 2 different threads as a common title is misleading to this R
> Hook-Flash key topic.
>
> Now, Gigaset S450IP base configuration web offers 2 fields to set R key :
> Application-type:
> Application-signal:
>
> When those 2 fields are respectively valued to
> Application-type:  dtmf-relay
> Application-signal:  16
>
> ... anytime this R-key is pressed, the base station would send a SIP
> INFO message to Asterisk.
> This SIP info is ended with :
>
> Signal=16
> Duration=86
>
> This 16 signal is interpreted as :
> Receiving INFO!
> * DTMF-relay event received: FLASH
>
> In my testing, I changed values like this
> Application-type:  foo
> Application-signal:  16 2
>
> and got a (single) SIP INFO message like this:
>
> Signal=16 2
>

> As Kevin told previously, Hook Flash transfer is not supported by
> Asterisk SIP stack.
>
> At the same time, it is written here
> (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Siemens+Gigaset+S450IP) that :
>
>     * Enable the R-button in SIP mode /fixed 14/09/2007/
>

> So, what does this exactly mean ?
> Which values are to be typed in Application type and Application
> signal to make this R key be of any use ?
> Is it possible to pass several DTMF signals in a single SIP INFO so
> that Asterisk would receive a *2 anytime the R-key is pressed ?
>

> Regards

I'll reply to the correct thread

[featuremap]
blindxfer => ##         ; Blind transfer
;disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect
;automon => *1                  ; One Touch Record
atxfer => A                     ; Attended transfer

so set atxfer to 'A' and DTMF relay Application signal on the Gigaset to
'A' (without quotes)

and transfer works as expected

Robb