[asterisk-users] R key with Siemens Gigaset IP (was MWI with Siemens Gigaset S450IP)

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:46:17 CDT 2008

2008/10/5 robert.boardman at gmail.com <robert.boardman at gmail.com>

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Olivier wrote:
> >

> >> 2. R Hook-flash key is now available to transfer calls.
> >> In s450IP web management server, its defaults settings are :
> >> Application-type: dtmf-relay
> >> Application-signal: 16
> >>
> >> Is there anything to configure in features.conf, extensionsconf or
> >> elsewhere to trigger transfers when R key is pressed ?
> >>

> > I don't believe there is any support for hook-flash style transfers over
> > SIP in Asterisk; that key should be programmed to use standard SIP
> > transfer methods, not DTMF emulation methods.
> >

> do you have a suggestion, there is only two fields that can be filled in
> that to refer to the R key,
>
> Application-type:  I think this is content type
> Application-signal: what it sends?

Hello,

Reading this thread, I think I should have opened in the first place, 2
different threads as a common title is misleading to this R Hook-Flash key
topic.

Now, Gigaset S450IP base configuration web offers 2 fields to set R key :
Application-type:
Application-signal:

When those 2 fields are respectively valued to
Application-type:  dtmf-relay
Application-signal:  16

... anytime this R-key is pressed, the base station would send a SIP INFO
message to Asterisk.
This SIP info is ended with :

Signal=16
Duration=86

This 16 signal is interpreted as :
Receiving INFO!
* DTMF-relay event received: FLASH

In my testing, I changed values like this
Application-type:  foo
Application-signal:  16 2

and got a (single) SIP INFO message like this:

Signal=16 2

As Kevin told previously, Hook Flash transfer is not supported by Asterisk
SIP stack.

At the same time, it is written here (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Siemens+Gigaset+S450IP) that :

   - Enable the R-button in SIP mode *fixed 14/09/2007*

So, what does this exactly mean ?
Which values are to be typed in Application type and Application signal to
make this R key be of any use ?
Is it possible to pass several DTMF signals in a single SIP INFO so that
Asterisk would receive a *2 anytime the R-key is pressed ?

Regards