[asterisk-users] whisper time remaining

Jose P. Espinal rakh at dangerclan.net
Tue Oct 28 12:16:33 CDT 2008

Hola Victor,

Remember that you could use an option from the 'Dial' command itself. If
you examine the Dial command documentation you will this option:

 L(x[:y][:z]) - Limit the call to 'x' ms. Play a warning when 'y' ms are
           left. Repeat the warning every 'z' ms. The following special
           variables can be used with this option:
           * LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER   yes|no (default yes)
                                      Play sounds to the caller.
           * LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLEE   yes|no
                                      Play sounds to the callee.
           * LIMIT_TIMEOUT_FILE       File to play when time is up.
           * LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE       File to play when call begins.
           * LIMIT_WARNING_FILE       File to play as warning if 'y' is
defined.
                                      The default is to say the time
remaining.

You could use that option a suming you have already calculated the
remaining time for the call (I've done this before for a calling-card
system I programmed).

Try it out,
Regards.

--